Monday, August 26, 2013

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.824

AT MANCHESTER PRIDE VIGIL
davidmcalmont: Greetings from Manchester Pride's Candlelight Vigil. Charlie Condou says "Hi." :)
CoopRespectLGBT
CoopRespectLGBT: We're at the @GeorgeHouseTrst Candlelit Vigil and @Charliecondou has taken to the stage to open the event. Remembering the people we lost.
MarkJarnell
MarkJarnell: 9:15pm @ Sackville Gardens for the Manchester Pride Candlelight Vigil 
waynio1
waynio1: @Charliecondou just wanted to say THANKYOU x for hosting superb vigil
BevLive: @Charliecondou you hosted the vigil tonight? :O I've just seen the images of it, looks incredible...
Gatz77
Gatz77: @Charliecondou good job Chuck. #

Charliecondou: @Gatz77 ta. Were you there?

Gatz77: @Charliecondou I was indeed. Always try to make the vigil.

vincentryan82: What an amazing @ManchesterPride..it's ended with amazing memories!!! And what an emotional vigil with @Charliecondou
petefletcher72
petefletcher72: @Charliecondou look like your having great fun outside velvet #manchesterpride

TWERKING NINE TO FIVE
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: Another day, another train journey to Manchester. This time however, I'm going to wisely use my time practising my twerking
_AmandaSing
_AmandaSing: @Charliecondou seriously just re-enact Miley from last night's VMA's and that's your career sorted. By sorted I mean ruined!
terryronald
terryronald: @Charliecondou I'd like to see that
jojomoyes
jojomoyes: @Charliecondou With or without tongue?
Stratupfunktown
Stratupfunktown: @Charliecondou Bounce baby....
themaverickmen
themaverickmen: @Charliecondou vids or it didn't happen!!!
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @themaverickmen just google miley cyrus at the VMAs. It's basically the same. But with a slightly hairier arse
ShobnaGulati: @Charliecondou twinking and twerking

simonlowe: Hey Manchester chaps, I'm just wearing a coloured polo top, I know nothing about soccer, or fashion evidently, sorry.
simonlowe
simonlowe: @Charliecondou good to see you're going t'work.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @simonlowe I'm coming to witness this polo shirt

simonlowe: @Charliecondou oh no!

simonlowe: @Charliecondou I'm unlikely to be wearing it should I bump into you. I've learned my lesson.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: I've got ES mag with @MKSOfficial on the cover but I'm worried. They've put Siobhan in the middle. Isn't that what started the problems?
furquan
furquan: @Charliecondou it's like http://poormichelle.com all over again.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: This is making me weep!! RT @furquan: @Charliecondou it's like http://poormichelle.com all over again.
kswainy: @Charliecondou r u on the 1720 to Manchester we think we have seen you ??
Charliecondou: @kswainy shhhh, don't tell everyone!
kswainy: @Charliecondou we will be quiet we promise but can we come down for a picture xx
Charliecondou: @kswainy of course
PaulChahidi
PaulChahidi: @Charliecondou Twerking Nine to Five, me..
Get_funkd
Get_funkd: @Charliecondou I'm hoping for gold Lycra too!!
kswainy: @Charliecondou thank you xxx 
sineadhickeyy
sineadhickeyy: just seen marcus from corrie in train station...

MISSING IN ACTION ON CORRIE TONIGHT
UKTVCritic: #Gail: "we'll take it from here" - #Sean: "Are you sure, because I did used to go out with Marcus". #ITVSoaps: #Corrie 
HildaOgdenOnSea Quick! Call Marcus! #Corrie
papaver: @growyourown63 where's Marcus??? #corrie 
helen_louise10: Why has no-one gone to get Marcus yet then?? #Corrie 
Katherine368: Why haven't they just gone and got Marcus? #corrie 
JANEP86: Ooooooooo @Charliecondou wasent in corrie tonight :( :( :( :( :( :( iam soo sad now :( :( :( :( I hope he's in wednesday or friday episode

MANCHESTER PRIDE
Charliecondou: Who's coming to the candlelight vigil tonight?? @ManchesterPride #Pride
DavidLewisScott: @Charliecondou @ManchesterPride we shall b there x
lucyspragganfan: @Charliecondou @ManchesterPride yeah I am. Wouldn't miss it for the world xx
Kel1406: @Charliecondou @ManchesterPride wish I could but I will be lighting my own candle at home for my uncle Glynn who passed away 13/06/1990
RDouglas18: @Charliecondou @ManchesterPride Me & @JaneDouglas10 are!
brookgrahamltd: Thanks @Charliecondou for your great support of the wonderful @AlbertKennedyTr . Appreciated!! Enjoy the vigil #ManchesterPride
bluesavannah_70: @Charliecondou @ManchesterPride i'll be going for my first time!
GeorgeHouseTrst
GeorgeHouseTrst: @Charliecondou We are! And we're so pleased you are too!
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT @GeorgeHouseTrst: Our volunteers are out and about selling candles for tonight’s HIV candlelit vigil – get yours now! #manchesterpride
ChasCondouBlog: @Charliecondou Have a pleasant time at the Thunderbird evening in Manchester #Virgil

MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE

GeorgeNewton1: Close enough.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @GeorgeNewton1 Dont show that to your dad, he's already suspicious!
GeorgeNewton1: @Charliecondou ha! Thanks...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

dominictc: 36 today. Heading home for family birthday lunch - always good for story material.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @dominictc happy birthday dear x

Charlie Condou a gay parenting columnist and soap star was ‘outed’ as a gay parent in a UK tabloid 22 August 2013
Charlie Condou, known for his starring role in British soap Coronation Street, got a shock when he looked at the front page of the Daily Star. On the cover, the headline reads ‘Corrie Star’s Shock Secret Love Children’ and ‘revealed’ how the actor had ‘secretly fathered two kids with a straight gay pal’. Somewhat embarrassingly for the tabloid newspaper, Condou had a regular column about gay parenting for The Guardian from 2011 to 2012. Mocking the paper, Condou tweeted: ‘Oh god, my secret is out!! great journalism @daily_star’ In one of his first articles for The Guardian, the Corrie star says he has ‘always wanted to be a dad’. ‘After I came out, that changed. I could no longer assume that it was something that would eventually just happen when the right person (or even the wrong person and a faulty condom) came along…‘I talked to my sister, who told me: "When something is this important to you, you’ll find a way." ‘She had absolute faith that I would one day be a father and, I realised, so did I. She was right, this was too important to me not to happen.’ Condou lives with his partner Cameron Laux and is a hands-on dad for his daughter and son Georgia and Hal. The children split their time between the couple and their mother, the actress Catherine Kanter.

THE JUICE

gracedent: Hannah Montana misunderstood the memo about us feminist wimmin turning our backs on Robin Thicke.

gracedent: saying that, if that was my bum I'd dress like that for going down Westfield.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @gracedent is that Beetlejuice humping a blow up doll?

WET AT THE SKETCH
From my secret stash of unused publicity photos here is another of Charlie Condou taken in 2010. You can tell from the raindrops on Charlie's shoulders and chest that May 16th must have been particularly wet.
Above: You might recognise Jamie Oliver (on right) who was at the same event with Charlie

FROM SOMEWHERE
OVER THE RAINBOW
- IN OZ -

PUTIN SIGNS LAW BANNING DEMONSTRATIONS AND PROTESTS DURING SOCHI OLYMPICS AND PARALYMPICS 

Russian president Vladimir Putin has signed a decree banning demonstrations and rallies during the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. According to the AP, the decree, signed on Friday, effectively blocks demonstrations from taking place and will take effect for a two and a half month period (which covers the games). Putin published the decree in the government newspaper. It states all “gatherings, rallies, demonstrations, marches and pickets” which are not part of the Winter Olympics or Paralympics will be barred in the city between January 7 and March 21 2014. The Sochi Winter Olympics is due to take place between February 7-23, and the Paralympics are due to take place on March 7-16, clearly falling within the boundaries of the 'no demonstrations' decree.

DECIPHERING
ChasCondouBlog: @gogibbogo #FOLLOW_FRIDAY I'm a bit late it's Monday in Ozmania x 
gogibbogo: @ChasCondouBlog tsk. I am totes on holiday innit x
ChasCondouBlog: @gogibbogo struth, I wish you'd speak English son x
gogibbogo: @ChasCondouBlog low dat
ChasCondouBlog: @gogibbogo son, can you at least text in Scottish, I've got no chance of understanding what you last sent? #fairsuckofthesaucebottle
gogibbogo: @ChasCondouBlog I thought it was totes obvz
ChasCondouBlog: @gogibbogo ahh that's better - easier to decipher - I have some experience with Maori so it won't take me long to work out what you said! x

gogibbogo: @ChasCondouBlog Aah. Totes relieves at that.

CELEBRITY SAME-SEX COUPLE TIE KNOT

OZ POLITICS HEATS UP
Quotes From Tony Abbott to Remind You Why He Shouldn't Be Prime Minister:

On homosexuality:

‘… I feel a bit threatened’

‘If you'd asked me for advice I would have said to have – adopt a sort of “don't ask, don’t tell” policy about all of these things…’

Same sex marriage:

I'm not someone who wants to see radical change based on the fashion of the moment.

On immigration:

‘Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.’

‘These people aren't so much seeking asylum, they’re seeking permanent residency. If they were happy with temporary protection visas, then they might be able to argue better that they were asylum seekers’

On rights at work:

‘If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad boss is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband … you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad boss but at least he’s employing someone while he is in fact a boss.’

On women:

‘The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.’

‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’

‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’

On climate change:

‘Climate change is absolute crap’

On Indigenous Australia:

‘Now, I know that there are some Aboriginal people who aren't happy with Australia Day. For them it remains Invasion Day. I think a better view is the view of Noel Pearson, who has said that Aboriginal people have much to celebrate in this country’s British Heritage’

‘Western civilisation came to this country in 1788 and I'm proud of that…’

‘There may not be a great job for them but whatever there is, they just have to do it, and if it’s picking up rubbish around the community, it just has to be done’

On sexual intercourse:

No comments:

Post a Comment