Monday, September 10, 2012

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.462

SUDS ON SOAP
itvcorrie
itvcorrie: Congratulations to Corrie's Michelle Keegan @michkeegan who has won Best Soap Actress at the #tvcawards
Calvin saxton
Calvinpcbhfan: #corrie should of got best soap @itvcorrie @ryanjamesthomas @Charliecondou @alanhalsall #coronationstreet

DRAG THIS SUNDAY
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @DJstewartwho presumably you'll be entering the soho drag race on Sunday? I'm hosting
DJstewartwho
DJstewartwho: @Charliecondou I would LOVE that. Slightly unemployed right now, so have PLENTY of time on my hands. Lets get it together. Do i have to register/undergo psychological assessment, or owt?

FLIRT
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @oliviamunn you have the best biog line on twitter. Apart from mine obviously
decath10n
decath10n: @Charliecondou @oliviamunn Stop flirting with her Charlie, I have enough competition as it is.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @decath10n @oliviamunn I think she'd go for me. Putting the whole gay thing to one side
decath10n
decath10n: @Charliecondou @oliviamunn Which is why you have to stop! Sheesh.

BETTER MAN
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: I've just spoke to Paul and this ain't him @Paul_Bettany
gillianconroy11
gillianconroy11: @Charliecondou why do people bother

SUPER SUPPER
Sarah Parish
DrSarahParish: @amamda_holden @Angela_Griffin Call Maureen. We're having a super night. pic.twitter.com/7xQul8XL

Charliecondou: @DrSarahParish @amamda_holden @Angela_Griffin where are you?? And why aren't I there???
Sarah Parish
DrSarahParish: @Charliecondou we miss you, you big freak.

DON’T JUDGE ME
Denise Van Outen
denise_vanouten: I'm going to try and sneak in a bit of running man . Think the judges will like it!
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @denise_vanouten DO IT!! I'm SO coming to see you

THE NEWSPAPER IS OFTEN WRONG
AntonyRobbins
AntonyRobbins: @Charliecondou i read in the star paper you are leaving corrie?? what will you be doing next?
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @AntonyRobbins news to me!!

JOE MILLS FROM JOE & CO INTERVIEWS CHARLIE CONDOU
http://www.farah.co.uk/
SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2012

So what are you working on at the moment?

Still at Corrie, there until March 2013 then who knows?
How has playing the role in Coronation Street changed people’s reaction to you?
People stare at me a lot more now. And I pose for more photos than I ever thought possible. But it’s all good, folk are rarely rude.

How did you get involved in Gay Rights?

I never set out to be a spokesman or role-model of any kind. But I’ve always been passionate about equality, for all minority groups, not just gay people. I volunteered for THT for many years before I was famous. Having a profile now just means that I have a bigger platform from which to reach people. I was asked by the Guardian to respond to a piece in the Mail criticising Coronation st for being too gay. They liked what I wrote and offered me the column. Writing about gay parenting was the beginning of my involvement in Gay Rights I suppose.

How important is the visual styling of the characters you play?

It’s always been really important. On TV, the audience get a sense of your character quite quickly and that’s largely down to how you look. When we filmed Nathan Barley I spent a huge amount of time in Shoreditch seeing how those guys dressed. Nothing was too extreme it seemed!

What has influenced your personal style or dress?

I was a proper Casual when I was young; all Lacoste polo shirts and Farrah trousers. I fancied myself as a bit of a Paul Weller at 14. I think that’s why I started getting my haircut at Fish where we met Joe!

How important is fashion to you?

It used to be really important, but less so now. When I was in my teens, it was all about having the right trainers, the proper labels. In my 20’s I was hanging around with Robbie Williams and the All Saints girls so it was all Marharishi trousers and Adidas tracksuits. I felt very much part of a London scene and it was important to look the part. Now I try to look good, but am less likely to be bold with what I wear. And with 2 small kids if I get out of the house without baby sick on my shoulder, I consider that an achievement!

What is in your wardrobe you wished wasn’t?

Nothing, mainly because I clear stuff out regularly. But I do still have a very dodgy Versace shirt from about 20 years ago that I refuse to part with.

Favourite shop in London?

Sefton on Upper Street. I rarely leave without buying something I don’t need. And out of London, Oi Palloi in Manchester is incredible.

Biggest track of the moment?

I can’t remember the last time I went out clubbing. I spend most of my time singing the Peppa Pig theme tune.

Your biggest influence in life and work?

I played the artist Renoir a few years back and he likened his life to a cork floating in a stream, going wherever it took him. He never said no to opportunities and I try to live by the same philosophy.

GOOD LUCK CHUCK
CharlieBunce3
CharlieBunce3: @Charliecondou My docs start going out tonight 9pm @bbcthree Reggie Yates meets 6 amazing young people with #tourettes. Hope you like them.
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @CharlieBunce3 hey Charlie good luck for tonight x
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: RT @CharlieBunce3: @Charliecondou My docs start going out tonight 9pm @bbcthree Reggie Yates meets 6 amazing young people with #tourettes. Hope you like them.

MIDWIFE MARCUS IS DELIVERING BABIES IN A PUB
"RUBY BABY"

sallysolihull: @Confidential_CC midwife to the rescue last tonight, lol great

glassjellybean: @Confidential_CC poor marcus!! As a male midwife ive thankfully never had to deliver a baby outside work!!! Hes very unlucky lol
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: Just doing my bit for care in the community @alanhalsall http://t.co/bfdA9yWR

Below: A scene where Alan Halsall and Charlie Condou are waiting for the arrival of the baby...
Below: Press play and skim forward to the 25min mark to see a baby Ruby born in the Rovers...Marcus (Charlie Condou) being the midwife!
Below: After the baby is born it's back to drinking of course, after all, Marcus was not on duty!
Below: Luckily for all concerned Marcus was there to help with the arrival of Ruby!

No comments:

Post a Comment