Sunday, August 25, 2013

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.823

GRANDFATHER
michkeegan: Me n my grandad at my niece Libby's christening. X http://instagram.com/p/db1VoUmL57
Charliecondou: @michkeegan you've got his pout
michkeegan: @Charliecondou hahaha!!! Learnt from the best! Xx

AN ENGLISHMAN ABROAD
guy_interruptd: Up bright and early at 7am on a Sunday. Miami life clearly suits my body clock. *emigrates*
Charliecondou: @guy_interruptd where are you staying??
guy_interruptd: @Charliecondou with a friend on Miami Beach for the first few days, then to the Standard for my birthday :)
Charliecondou: @guy_interruptd we stayed at the standard, it's lovely. Go to Yardbird for dinner. Fried chicken, watermelon and waffles! Amazing
guy_interruptd: @Charliecondou OMG! That sounds amazeballs :)
Charliecondou: @guy_interruptd it's my fave restaurant EVER! The desserts are incredible too but you won't have room

CHARLIE'S FAMILY IS PROMOTED IN AUSTRALIA BY AN IVF CLINIC BASED IN THE ILLAWARRA DISTRICT
Coronation Street star Charlie Condou has children via IVF
Coronation Street star Charlie Condou had two children with a female friend via IVF, Red Magazine reports. The 40 year-old actor, who is gay, plays Marcus Dent in the long-running soap opera. According to the magazine, he made a pact with a heterosexual female friend called Catherine Kanter that they would have children together if she reached the age of 40 without finding ‘Mr Right’. He told the magazine: “I always wanted to be a dad. When I came out to my parents as a teenager, their only concern was I might never be a father and they knew how much I wanted to be.” The actor added: “Catherine and I had the conversation I'm sure thousands of women have with their gay friends, a sort of plan-B pact – to have a child together should Mr Right not appear. I’d had other female friends ask me and it never felt right. But with Catherine it did.” His friend began IVF but only fell pregnant after a year, during the fourth round of treatment. Their eldest child, Georgia, is now four, and Ms Kanter has since gone to have a second child, Hal, now two. Canter, an actress, shares responsibility for the two children with Condou and his partner, 49 year-old Cameron Laux. She recalled: “I was never one of those women who saw a baby and thought “I want one”, but I also knew I didn't want to not have children. When Charlie first brought up the subject of having kids together I wasn't opposed to the idea, but it wasn't how I wanted to do it.” She continued: “I still had hopes of The One appearing in a shaft of light and told Charlie to come back when I was 40. Then I turned 40 and Mr Right still had not materialised, so it started to take on more meaning. I couldn't shake the fear that I might hit 50 and regret not trying. We had both been single when we discussed this, but then Charlie started seeing Cam. It was clear if we were to go ahead, Cam would need to be involved. And so there were three.” Condou said both families had been supportive of he decision. Kanter’s father had been influenced by hearing a similar story on The Archers, he claimed. “Something I realised early on is that I’ll never be the one who feels compromised: I’m in a relationship with Cameron and I’m the biological parent with Catherine, so my position is clear. Catherine is single, so she doesn't have someone to talk to about the kids in the way Cam and I do.” The trio moved in together for a period but now live separately in north London. The children divide their time between the two nearby homes. Charlie Condou sees the arrangement as almost like a marriage involving three people. “Or at least it’s like a friendly divorce, where the kids split their time between two homes! It works well, though.”

SPOTTED BY THE LOCALS
SueBar77
SueBar77: @Charliecondou Thought l saw you in Southwold yesterday if so hope you're enjoying the break and there's sun today yipeeee!!!
bealy66
bealy66: @Charliecondou good to see you in thorpeness hope you are enjoying Suffolk
Jess_Duffield
Jess_Duffield: Just seen Marcus from Corrie in Covent Garden, claim to fame

BUM MOVE BY CHERYL COLE
CHIMPSINSOCKS: Why did Cheryl Cole do that to her bottom. It sags as you get older. IT SAGS... #eventualsaggyrosebum
Charliecondou: @CHIMPSINSOCKS I like it. I'm getting one on my arse too
CHIMPSINSOCKS: @Charliecondou you should get a tattoo of your arse, on your arse.
CHIMPSINSOCKS: @Charliecondou and by the way, you don't like it Charlie. You think it's over the top and too much. You think one rose would have been nice.
Charliecondou: @CHIMPSINSOCKS I know. I'm just showing off

HEADSHOTS 
Neil__Ashton: Another headshot by the brilliant @Mr_Lee_Johnson Recommend him highly if you need pics #actor #headshots #acting  pic.twitter.com/EVgJ1AgYSQ
Charliecondou: @Neil__Ashton very nice photo mate x
Neil__Ashton: @Charliecondou thanks handsome! hope all good with you (and the secret love children! Haha) xx
Charliecondou: @Neil__Ashton yep we're all fine (though the kids are in hiding obv) x


IT'S OK TO BE GAY:
CELEBRITY COMING OUT STORIES
Publication Date: 10 Oct 2013

Launched to coincide with National Coming Out Day, OK to be Gay is a collection of inspirational coming out stories from well-known figures from the LGBT community, who talk frankly about their own experiences and how their sexuality has shaped their character and success. Contributors include Strictly Come Dancing star Robin Windsor, Dragon's Den presenter Evan Davis, X Factor finalist Jade Ellis, Sophie Ward, former Radio 4 presenter, Alice Arnold newspaper columnist and partner of Clare Balding, Coronation Street star Charlie Condou, Great British Bake Off winner Edd Kimber, Paralympian Claire Harvey, authors Val McDermid, Stella Duffy, Shelley Silas and Paul Burston, former Brookside star Stiffyn Parri and international rugby referee Nigel Owens. OK to be Gay is raising money for the charity Diversity Role Models and its work to stop homophobic bullying in schools. Its founder Suran Dickson was recently ranked in the Guardian's top 100 World Pink Power List, as was Charlie Condou.

You might like to pre-order it at Amazon

KING OF THE RAILWAY
Charlie took his daughter Georgia to the film premiere of the Thomas the Tank Engine: 'King of the Railway.'  It was a 4th birthday treat for Georgia. The premiere was held a Vue Cinema Leicester Square London on the 18th August 2013.

Below: Excited audience members at the premiere.

Below: Charlie posed with Con and other kids at the premiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment