Tuesday, October 9, 2012

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.490

Coronation Street bosses have released some new spoilers for UK autumn 2012 and a stylish promo picture on the soap's official website
The new promo shot shows ten characters stand on the cobbles, hinting at difficult times ahead for all of them. ITV confirms that there are big consequences for Maria and Marcus in the aftermath of their kiss. 
Coronation Street airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays on ITV1.

ALL THINGS CORRIE
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT @aliJcorrie: I know lots of you have already voted but if you haven't pls take a few mins to vote all things Corrie in the NTA's http://www.nationaltvawards.com/ 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JOJEHARVEY I know but what a lovely new boss to have 
JONATHAN HARVEY
JOJEHARVEY: @Charliecondou I love Stuart x 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JOJEHARVEY me too 
Paul Burston
PaulBurston: @JOJEHARVEY @Charliecondou but you said you LOVED ME! *sobs and throws Jonathan's clothes out of window* I'd be great in a soap, wouldn't I? 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @PaulBurston @JOJEHARVEY with those lallies you'd look amazing in a gown at the Inside Soap awards 
Paul Burston
PaulBurston: @Charliecondou @jojeharvey I wouldn't want to upstage Sue Cleaver. I wouldn't dare! 
Lorraine
reallorraine: Oh how I love Corrie - Deirdre and Rita on the trail of naughty Ken - genius!! 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @reallorraine I was just thinking that! I can't wait for Deirdre's "Oh Ken!" 
CoronationStreetBlog
CoroStreetBlog: Corrie fan @jonnygforce sends us his "Deirdre Barlow OMG! face" That Wendy flamin Crozier.... oooh Ken! pic.twitter.com/Zbad3a8h
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @CoroStreetBlog @jonnygforce he's not a fan, he's part of the furniture! 
JAMES INGHAM
JAMESINREHAB: Loving Diedre and Rita's car chase! The new Thelma and Louise #classiccorrie 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JAMESINREHAB it's hilarious! 
JAMES INGHAM
JAMESINREHAB: @Charliecondou "I've been on faster mobility scooters.... Gear change, pull out & give it some welly.". 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JAMESINREHAB amazing 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT @leejonathan WENDY FLAMING CROZIER #CORRIE 
Samia Ghadie
realsamia: My shirt on tonight's Corrie is from H&M guys. My dress from fri nights ep (I think) is from Topshop boutique #forthoseasking X 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @realsamia my top was from prada and my trousers were Gucci 
Craig Quirk.
CraiigQuiirk: @Charliecondou Where was that polo shirt from that you wore in tonight's corrie? 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @CraiigQuiirk top man 

FRESH MEAT
Zawe Ashton
ZaweAshton: To the divine Miss @madmanda18 @JanetHorsfield @JCWardy83 May I have the pleasure of your company Fri night? I'll b in Manchester taaaaan!!! 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @ZaweAshton saw Fresh Meat today for the first time (reviewing tv stuff on the radio tomorrow) and you were fucking ace! X 
Zawe Ashton
ZaweAshton: @Charliecondou Thanks Charlie! It's great when you hear folks getting in to the first series again! Hope to bump in to you at Century soon!X 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @ZaweAshton I spend most of my time in Manchester at the mo. you filming up here? 
Janet Horsfield
JanetHorsfield: @Charliecondou @zaweashton's alright I suppose.. if you like really funny, gorgeous, talented people that is.. 
Zawe Ashton
ZaweAshton: @JanetHorsfield @charliecondou Oh Miss Horsfield.Love to yous both! Charlie,we aren't filming anymore but I'm up Norf loads! 
siobhan hewlett
siobhanhewlett: @ZaweAshton @charliecondou let's just all bump into each other at Century non? X 

GOING STRAIGHT
Robert Milling
robertmilling: Mam is telling me about the storyline in Corrie where Maria "turns" Marcus straight and then says she'd turn anyone and stares at me... 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @robertmilling haha 

#POGDOGS
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT ‏@djy12345 #pogdogs like this? Then you'll love this: http://amzn.to/SNXrKa 
Marcus Collins
MarcuscollinsUK: My carmine :( #pogdogs 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @MarcuscollinsUK I know! And I don't even like dogs but I'd take him home in a heartbeat 

CIGGIES
Alfie Allen
AlfieAllen: Cigarettes 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @AlfieAllen can I ponce one off you? 
Alfie Allen
AlfieAllen: @Charliecondou Sure mate 

NIGHTS IN MANCHESTER
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: I really want a beer and a cigarette but I'm on my own in Manchester and going to the pub on my jacks is a bit sad, even for me 
Mark Emlyn Evans
‏marcooth: @Charliecondou I go to the pub by myself quite often and I love it. 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @marcooth yes but I imagine people don't stare and ask for a photo "for their mum" 
Mark Emlyn Evans
marcooth: @Charliecondou And if I went it wouldn't be a story on the Daily Mail sidebar the following day. 
adam thomas
adamthomas21: @Charliecondou they’re the best times my friend ... #beer4one 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @adamthomas21 Chatting to @ryanjamesthomas today. Nothing strange about that except he was just wearing pants #ifeltlikeeverygirlinmanchester 
adam thomas
adamthomas21: @Charliecondou @ryanjamesthomas lucky guy!!! 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @adamthomas21 @ryanjamesthomas I know, he's dead lucky 
Jack P Shepherd
JackPShepherd88: @Charliecondou did u watch looper? 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JackPShepherd88 no. I literally asked everyone I know. #secondmostunpopularcastmember 
Jack P Shepherd
JackPShepherd88: @Charliecondou good when I have a couple of hours off ill go, if you have the same time off you can come too. #IfNotThenToughTitties 
Charliecondou: @JackPShepherd88 ok. But just so we're clear THIS IS NOT A DATE 
Jack P Shepherd
JackPShepherd88: @Charliecondou damn. Not even the old, hole in the pop corn bag trick?
Philippa_Perry
Philippa_Perry: @Charliecondou hopefully you'll get an offer now. 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @Philippa_Perry 35 and counting so far 
Liam Murphy
liamwaterloo: @Charliecondou GAY TIMES EXCLUSIVE: 'Coronation Street star trawls bars alone fuelled by gin and nicotine.' 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @liamwaterloo story of my life!! 
Krissi Bohn
KrissiBohner: @Charliecondou ahh, if only I was up North I would gladly join you!! 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @KrissiBohner if only!! X 
JAMES INGHAM
JAMESINREHAB: @Charliecondou u not allowed a beer & fag at home? 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JAMESINREHAB it's not the same is it 
Sarah Lianne botham
‏SLBotham: @Charliecondou go to the bar at Mal Maison, it's good social too. Smoking area is close! Send my live to your mum and Pier x 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @SLBotham hello love! Will do x 
Sarah Lianne botham
SLBotham: @Charliecondou just watching you on tv... Haven't watched in ages (living in Spain) how are you?? 
Martin Sterling
streetworker01: @Charliecondou I'm on my way up, otherwise I'd join you in a drink! 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @streetworker01 alas! 
Martin Sterling
streetworker01: @Charliecondou You around this week? x 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @streetworker01 heading back tomorrow 
Martin Sterling
streetworker01: @Charliecondou Ah, shame. x 
Doug Young
‏djy12345: @Charliecondou Just buy two pints and pretend you're waiting for someone. 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @djy12345 is that why you always buy two? #pisshead 
Doug Young
djy12345: @Charliecondou curses! Foiled again!

SCRUBBER
Sarah Parish
DrSarahParish: Had a super time on The One Show promoting Hatfields and McCoys. Thanks for having me on guys. 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: is it just me or does @DrSarahParish look well fit in white plastic clogs and baggy green scrubs? #monroe 


Coronation Street's Marcus and Maria: Can they stay together?
Published Saturday Oct 6 2012
By Paul Millar

Coronation Street fans, you have just seen gay midwife Marcus Dent and hairdresser Maria Connor share an unlikely kiss. Though both parties tried to shrug off their feelings for one another after the moment, it's clear that they share an attraction. indeed, actors Charlie Condou and Samia Ghadie have both confirmed that the pair will commit to a shock relationship over the coming weeks. Their respective partners, Aiden Lester Jason Grimshaw - as well as Marcus's ex Sean Tully - will be stunned when news spreads of the unlikely pairing. With Marcus never previously having feelings for a girl, the jury's out on whether the romance can realistically last.

But in the meantime, DigitalSpy would like to hear your thoughts on the storyline. Vote in their poll and leave your comments in the box below.

Can Marcus and Maria be happy together?

Yes

No


Wilkinsonb
I am a gay man and I fell for a best friend of mine. I loved her because she accepted who I was and I believed that she could give me everything I wanted. Has it worked out NO and not because either of us cheated but because I couldn't turn off being gay I worried so much about what she thought and how it would all end up in hurt that I ended the relationship. You can fall in love with anyone you have a strong connection with but it's about managing the feelings so the person you care deeply about won’t get hurt. This between Marcus and Maria won't work because although they will be happy there will be part of Marcus that is missing. No one wants to be a husband that goes off and has sex with other men while the wife and children are sleeping!!!

funci
This does happen in real life so why shouldn't it be reflected in Corrie? It shows that questioning your sexuality isn't just about teenage angst.

Dave3622
Agreed, but the problem with a story like this is that some homophobes and bigots will assume ALL gay men can now fall for a woman if the right person comes along, which simply isn't true. I am gay and can say 100% I would never stop loving my partner and fall for a woman, sexual or otherwise.
funci
In fairness if you're a bigot/homophobic you will probably always feel like that anyway. I think intelligent viewers (like us!) know this is a love story involving one man's sexuality.
Most of my gay friends are in committed relationships like yourself and ultimately know their sexual preferences. Some people's sexuality isn't carved in stone. I am a woman who has had relationships with men, but who's to say that the love of my life won't be a woman? Never say never. ;)

THE X FACTOR IS RIGGED
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: Does anyone really believe that wasn't a set up??
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @Charliecondou In what sense? the votes rigged?
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @tracey_thorn he was told to make it deadlock, they knew she'd go and the public would be outraged. Hence ratings soar
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @Charliecondou But, but, but, if she got the least votes? People's choice fairest outcome surely?
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @tracey_thorn oh totally. But he saved her first, then changed his mind. That was set up I'm sure
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @Charliecondou Oh that was idiotic I agree, but at the end of the day, if you get the least votes, you're never going far.
Elizabeth Cartwright
Lizzyted: @Charliecondou @charliecondou @tracey_thorn @alanhalsall is it actually worth picking up the phone to vote ? It seems a complete fix
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @Lizzyted @Charliecondou @alanhalsall But WHY? the person who got the least votes tonight went home. How is that not fair??
OoohThings!
CuriosityRocks: @tracey_thorn @Charliecondou Xfactor voters don't represent record sales,people who know good music don't watch Xfactor.
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @CuriosityRocks @Charliecondou Oh Charlie that's you and me told, then. We don't know good music. Off we go.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @tracey_thorn @CuriosityRocks hahahaha
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @Lizzyted @Charliecondou @alanhalsall But WHY? the person who got the least votes tonight went home. How is that not fair??
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @tracey_thorn @Lizzyted @alanhalsall I didn't say it wasn't fair, just that it was set up
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @Charliecondou I'm sorry Charlie, I think maybe she's a friend of yours? And yes, she was better. But I still think public vote fair. Soz xx
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @tracey_thorn I never met her before! And I agree she got the least votes. I'm just saying it seemed set up. Dermot pushing for answer...
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @Charliecondou Oh lord, sorry again, someone said it here a minute ago and I thought maybe I'd offended!
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @tracey_thorn then not accepting the one he was given as it wasn't what he'd been told it would be. In my humble opinion etc
Tracey Thorn
tracey_thorn: @Charliecondou Yes, I do agree of course it's all staged. But, sorry to harp on, in the end, surely best to know what public think?
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @tracey_thorn absolutely
tracy irvine
tracy_irvine: @tracey_thorn @charliecondou But, it was supposed to be judged on the last performance, the 'sing off' and by that Ryland should have gone
Emma Price
emmaprice_7: @Charliecondou @tracey_thorn agree with that totally. She heard the answer and was made up.. Then it was taken away so cruelly #wrong
boydhilton
boydhilton: Let's just remember it's not a singing competition #XFactor #Rylan
Cameron Yarde Jnr
CameronYardeJnr: @boydhilton Simon still wants an act he can make money from so it's a strange balancing act for the show.
boydhilton
boydhilton: @CameronYardeJnr But the show itself needs maverick "novelty" acts. He can make money from plenty of other performers on the show.
Cameron Yarde Jnr
CameronYardeJnr: @boydhilton I'm not sure it always does. Controversy over picks even when it's between 2 good ones can drive ratings too.
boydhilton
boydhilton: @CameronYardeJnr If all the acts were just good singers it would be The Voice. And we all know how that turned out...
Cameron Yarde Jnr
CameronYardeJnr: @boydhilton Many criticisms of The Voice. Being a fix was rarely one of them. Even when TXF does things legitimately people are suspicious.
Kevin O'Sullivan
TVKev: @CameronYardeJnr @boydhilton Of course The X Factor's fixed. It's all part of the panto. Trouble is... Rylan isn't remotely entertaining.
boydhilton
boydhilton: @TVKev @CameronYardeJnr His Judges' Houses "breakdown" was more entertaining than the entire series of The Voice.
Kevin O'Sullivan
TVKev: @boydhilton @CameronYardeJnr Er... no it wasn't. Some little jerk pretending to cry is hardly TV gold.
boydhilton
boydhilton: @TVKev @CameronYardeJnr This particular massive jerk was.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @boydhilton Presumably we'll be spending most of @richardpbacon's show discussing #xfactor

No comments:

Post a Comment