Sunday, July 15, 2012

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.402

MORE ON CHARLIE’S COLUMN

Katherine_at_HG: @Charliecondou You will be missed on Saturdays! Thank you all - it was a wonderful trip x

Charliecondou: @Katherine_at_HG thanks xx

NatalieGumede: @guardianfamily @charliecondou gorgeous :)

Charliecondou: @NatalieGumede @guardianfamily Cheers darlin x

FrootsnRoots: @Charliecondou Last column? Dagnabbit - I was enjoying that! But at least now I've noticed the twitter address. x

vflondon: “@guardianfamily: In his final column on family life, @Charliecondou reflects on his reasons for writing http://t.co/hFl6TG3v

kirrathomas: @Charliecondou just wanted to say that I will miss your Guardian column. Loads of luck in career and all things family :)
ClaireDow1
ClaireDow1: @Charliecondou Just read yesterday's column (yes have 2 kids under 4 also). Thanks for making me laugh and think for the last year.

VOLUNTEERS
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: RT ‏@AlbertKennedyTr: Calling all volunteers in London... Help us plan the best youth conference to date! You can make a difference! http://www.akt.org.uk/vacancies ‪#give15

FOUR LIVERS AND A WEDDING
Belinda Carlisle
belindaofficial: @Bennielawrence yoooohoooo! i'm downstairs having breakfast and then a long walk. hope you had a good night x
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @belindaofficial @Bennielawrence oh I wanted to say hello last night but like most people, got too drunk too quickly. Great wedding though x
Bennielawrence
Bennielawrence: @Charliecondou haha the joys of early wedding finishes lol xx
Wildericky
Wildericky: You know that moment when you see someone familiar and start chatting to them only to later realise they're a soap star @Charliecondou ? LOL
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @Wildericky hahaha nice to meet you x
Wildericky
Wildericky: @Charliecondou Hahaha... sorry about that fella.. bit of a 'senior moment' lets say ;-) Really good to meet you too, what a splendid day! x
16DIGGIN
16DIGGIN: @Charliecondou @bennielawrence keep away from the jäger bombs! Haha
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @16DIGGIN @bennielawrence yes mate, thanks for the hangover 

Bennielawrence: @Charliecondou @16diggin Charlie you should be careful around those 19 year olds their livers are much better than ours lol x

iamtonydenton: RT @Charliecondou: @belindaofficial @Bennielawrence oh I wanted to say hello last night but like most people, got too drunk too quickly. Great wedding though x
AnnBeggs
AnnBeggs: @Wildericky I did exactly the same last NY eve at a wedding party, chatting to @Charliecondou , only to realise a few days later who he was but I also completely embarrased @NickBeggs by telling Stephen Fry that I was a huge fan, was a little bit tipsy!

Charliecondou: @AnnBeggs @Wildericky to be fair, it happens daily

AnnBeggs: @Charliecondou It must do ;-) My other half @NickBeggs still gets recognised 30 years after his moment in the sun
Wildericky
Wildericky: @Charliecondou Haha I can only imagine! And I bet you NEVER get people actually confusing you with your on screen character right? Haha ;-)

IT ISN’T EASY BEING KIZMIT
♔♔Bennie Edwards♔♔
Bennielawrence: How weird the day after mine and @iamtonydenton's wedding and they put on Pocahontas the film we actually met at !!! Spooky much xx
Charlie Condou
Confidential_CC: @Bennielawrence @iamtonydenton nope it's kizmit (although my spell checker wants to change that to Kermit)

Bennielawrence: @Confidential_CC @iamtonydenton how bizarre is it really though xx

CORRIE TONIGHT
ceurov
ceurov: The boys agree @Charliecondou looks gorgeous on tonites ‪#corrie
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @ceurov bless you x
shonamae1
shonamae1: @Charliecondou hey Charlie loved u on corrie this week ur a great actor. Thank you for meeting me 2 times x I’m the one who kept screaming

stevendwrite: @Charliecondou LOVED the scene tonight with Kirk. More please! #Corrie

geodu486: @Charliecondou Love your character Marcus on @itvcorrie so want him as a boyfriend. ;-)
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @geodu486 I think you and Marcus would look lovely together

MASSIVE AND FLOPPY
PhillTurnerDIY
PhillTurnerDIY: @GaryMakeUp and I just walked out of magic mike!!! Massive disappointment!!! ‪#shitfilm
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @PhillTurnerDIY @GaryMakeUp do you see any cock though?
PhillTurnerDIY
PhillTurnerDIY: @Charliecondou @PhillTurnerDIY @GaryMakeUp  NO!!! Hence the disappointment!!! :-) great story though!!!!!!!!!

FUN WITH THE SON
Chris Jones
Jonesyinc1: Walking the plank! http://instagr.am/p/NGBkwbNFmx/
Charlie Condou
Confidential_CC: @Jonesyinc1 nice wood son x
Chris Jones
Jonesyinc1: @Confidential_CC Cheers pa! I always aim to give good wood pic.twitter.com/uTgleYoy
Charlie Condou
Confidential_CC: @Jonesyinc1 I am logging up as we speak son x

NENEH CHERRY

Charliecondou: RT @MarcosBritoLive: Cannot wait to see Neneh Cherry tonight!!!! http://www.artistdirect.com/video/buddy-x/ … http://fb.me/1mD7asDms 

carlhopgood: @Charliecondou @misscherrylala I saw Neneh perform at Glastonbury last summer she was amazing love her "raw like sushi"! X x

Charliecondou: @carlhopgood I'm totally over excited

Charliecondou: @lilyrosecooper Are you coming to Neneh's gig tonight??

"BUFFALO STANCE"
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: Anyone else going to see @misscherrylala do her thang tonight? 
Charlie Condou
Confidential_CC: @Charliecondou @misscherrylala is that the Twitter name for Nenah Cherry? 
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @Confidential_CC @misscherrylala Indeed it is 
Charlie Condou
Confidential_CC: @Charliecondou @misscherrylala If I was closer I'd def be there I used to love "buffalo stance" - Can we blog that video? Huh can we??? 
Charliecondou: @Confidential_CC of course



akalaurent: @misscherrylala @villunderlondon with @Charliecondou and the masses TONITE in #7seconds

Charliecondou: Back from the @misscherrylala gig she ROCKED it

TEA

Charliecondou: RT @rosyleetweat: New Giveaway from Rosy Lee Tea http://t.co/8QfVfHoA via @smittnbybritain @rosyleetweat

CONDOU – THE EARLY YEARS

Marcus Dent marks Charlie Condou’s longest-running acting engagement in a career that started in 1985, when he was aged just 12. Did he always want to be an actor? He pauses. ‘I think I always wanted to be a dancer when I was a little kid, and I guess that changed when I made it into my teens. I feel very lucky, because I knew what I wanted to be for a very long time. I did lots of little bits as a kid; things for the Children’s Film Foundation, a part in Robin of Sherwood. But I didn’t do anything seriously until I left school – when I started to make money from it! ‘My intention had been to go to university to study drama, but I got a role in an ITV drama called Frank Stubbs Promotes and I thought I’d take time off to do the series. The series got re-commissioned, so I took another year off and bought myself a flat in Soho. Before I knew it, going to university just wasn’t happening any more. I was 19, going on 20, living in Soho and having a whale of a time.’ Memories of life in Soho, as a young gay man in the early Nineties, still bring a smile to Condou’s face. By the time his career had started, he tells me, he had already realised he was gay. ‘I suppose it was something I always had a sense of,’ he recalls. ‘I knew as a very small kid that I was never into things that other boys seemed to be into – rough-and-tumble games, that sort of stuff. I was a very sensitive child, I suppose. I don’t think I became aware that I was attracted to men until I was in my teens; I would imagine it’s like that for most guys. ‘I came out when I was 18. It seemed very clear for me; it was just one of those things that happened. I met somebody, and that was that. I’d had relationships with women before, but suddenly everything just clicked into place.’

The above is a small excerpt. If you would like to read the complete article click HERE

Coronation St. spoiler for the week commencing 15-7-2012
Marcus (Charlie Condou) offers to cook Kirk (Andrew Whyment) another meal of his choice. However, Kirk misreads the situation and thinks Marcus has the hots for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment