Thursday, April 25, 2013

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.694

BIRTHDAY RIGHT? 

miquitaoliver: Oh right..........people say happy birthday on twitter aswell

Charliecondou: @miquitaoliver happy birthday KEETS!!!! Love you xxxx

Charliecondou: @miquitaoliver (it's tomorrow right?)

miquitaoliver: “@Charliecondou: @miquitaoliver (it's tomorrow right?)” today!!!

Charliecondou: @miquitaoliver please don't remind me how old you are. I remember your 10th birthday like it was yesterday

miquitaoliver: @Charliecondou love you too. See u Saturday xxx

Charliecondou: @miquitaoliver see you there baby xx

miquitaoliver: “@Charliecondou: @miquitaoliver please don't remind me how old you are. I remember your 10th birthday like it was yesterday” today's my 11th

Charliecondou: Happy 11th (ish) birthday to my favourite niece @miquitaoliver

PITCHING

Charliecondou: @irishalan @furquan can I come to the next conference? I promise to keep really quiet and only pitch occasionally

furquan: @Charliecondou @irishalan what character group would that be for?...

Charliecondou: @furquan @irishalan erm.... The Platts. Obviously

MOBBED 
xleopard_printx
xleopard_printx: Still laughing at @Charliecondou being mobbed by all of the children yesterday hahaha! "MARCUS, MARCUS, WHERE'S YOUR FRIEND AIDAN?!"

Charliecondou: @xleopard_printx lol
xleopard_printx
xleopard_printx: @Charliecondou Haha bless them! Think they were just a tad excited :)

8O'S CLASSIC 

lane_paula: Tell it to my heart tell me I'm the only one ... Don't think @sirtomshaw is too happy about my 80's classics!

Charliecondou: @lane_paula @sirtomshaw tune!!!!

Cath_Tyldesley: @lane_paula @sirtomshaw LOVE that song #memories #fatpissedcath #yateswinelodges x

Charliecondou: @Cath_Tyldesley @lane_paula @sirtomshaw haha Cath your hashtags always make me laugh

lane_paula: @Charliecondou @Cath_Tyldesley @SirTomShaw we need an eighties night out!!!

Charliecondou: @lane_paula @Cath_Tyldesley @SirTomShaw yes but ill be the old fucker in the corner saying "I remember this the first time round"

GREY AREA LIST
Gaze A modern review
GazeReview: Re Madonna on the #greylist. Who said it is easy? You try putting a list like this together (waits for fallout)
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @GazeReview what IS the #greylist ???
Gaze A modern review
GazeReview: @Charliecondou The #greylist is the editorial's top list of heterosexuals we love - those that surprise, amuse, challenge and inspire us.
PaulBurston
PaulBurston: @GazeReview @Charliecondou think Pink List - same thing in reverse (oops, I nearly typed 'perverse')

SO LONG N.H.S.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT @shelleyanorphan: Well, that's the NHS sold off. Voted through by the House Of Lords. And does anyone care? The BBC seem to think JLS are more important!
Grabcocque
Grabcocque: @shelleyanorphan @Charliecondou They paid attention the first 13 or 14 times the NHS was privatised, but lost interest after that.
shelleyanorphan
shelleyanorphan: @Grabcocque @Charliecondou Very true. *sighs*

VACCINE
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: Every parent must read RT @heawood: I wrote this for today's Guardian: “Why I wish my daughter had been vaccinated” http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/24/wish-my-daughter-vaccinated

JUST WATCH

WatsonandOliver: People of Twitter! Our new series starts tonight @ 10pm on BBC2! Please watch. Watch the heck out of it. Watch yourselves silly. Just watch.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @WatsonandOliver I'm like totes excited n shit?

WatsonandOliver: @Charliecondou orgasmaballs! X

MAX EYES 
Jack P Shepherd
JackPShepherd88: Are these iMAX glasses getting bigger and bigger? @Will_Rush #SnorkelMask

Charliecondou: @JackPShepherd88 @Will_Rush did you get arrested getting the tickets?
Jack P Shepherd
JackPShepherd88: @Charliecondou got in one @Will_Rush pretended to be u, cos I'm so famous they would obvs know me ;-)

Charliecondou: @JackPShepherd88 @Will_Rush actually I can see the resemblance. I get mistaken for one of @debbie_rush's kids all the time
Will_Rush
Will_Rush: @Charliecondou @JackPShepherd88 @debbie_rush You must be good looking then! Thanks for the film. X

Charliecondou: @Will_Rush @JackPShepherd88 @debbie_rush I'm fucking gorgeous.

Charliecondou: @JackPShepherd88 was it good or shit?
Jack P Shepherd
JackPShepherd88: @Charliecondou its good yeah not amazing downy jr makes it but it is ver very funny you can tell he's just add libd the whole way through it

Charliecondou: @JackPShepherd88 nice one, ill go next week. Drop the card into my room if you're in tomorrow. If not ill get it on Monday

IT STARTS WITH ME
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT @UKPositiveLad: @Charliecondou I've written a new blog-post: 'It Starts With ME' - a new #HIV campaign for the England: http://wp.me/p273lK-eQ
UKPositiveLad
UKPositiveLad: @Charliecondou cheers mr, I owe you a beer sometime.

ON SET WITH TEZ, CHAS, ANT AND SAM...AND TED AND ALICE!
DyddgenJones
DyddgenJones: @realsamia early morning #Corrie  Rovers scene with Samia and @Charliecondou and @antonycotton . Great way to start the day.
realsamia
realsamia: @DyddgenJones @Charliecondou @antonycotton it is! Cu in a min Terry xx
realsamia
realsamia: Brainstorming ideas in makeup with @gillywalshy.. @MissCharleyWebb how does a #corrie vs @emmerdale netball match sound for charity?!!
Blog4CharlieCondou
Confidential_CC: @realsamia @gillywalshy @MissCharleyWebb @emmerdale mixed teams obv @Charliecondou would look cute in a skirt and bib x
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @ClarePatti your scenes with Jimmi have been lovely x
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT @CoroStreetBlog: Fab! via @itvcorrie Steve: "I'll have you know I'm in great shape." Ryan: "Well, round is a shape."
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: Cant wait!! RT @Angela_Griffin: Can you smell us??? Pigs & Dogs is open for lunch... Just follow your nose @pigsanddogs @thestudios_N7
 
Just about every family has a connection to people who have sacrificed their lives in war. Today I am sharing just a few pieces of family history to honour those who served or never returned - Tom.
Click to enlarge picture above:
Of the boys above: David H. White is buried in France. His body was not recovered due to being blown apart by grenades. David was awarded a war medal posthumously. It was presented to his mother. The medal called a “dead man’s penny” is copper-coloured and is the size of a small dinner plate.
The township of Dora Creek also purchased and presented the family with a circular gold medal to commemorate David’s sacrifice in the war. Young Fred White returned home from WW1 to discover his Catholic girlfriend's parents didn't want their daughter to marry him so they ran away and then committed suicide in the town of Parkes NSW. Strangely, both Fred and his lover Mavis are buried together in a Catholic cemetery even though at the time the Catholic Church didn't sanction this right. George F. White deserted his first wife and family during the end of WW1. He is known to have also served in WW2. For many years he was listed as missing before accidentally meeting his brother Charlie while both men were in hospital at the same time. It was then that Charlie discovered George had a second family. Charles J. White was wounded in Egypt. He was unable to have children.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On September 6th 1914 Miss Eliza Osborne (my mum's cousin) was listed as living at West Maitland NSW, fiancé George Buxton sent her a letter that I have transcribed:
Military Camp 
Newcastle Race Circuit
August 26th 1914
Dear Kid,
Just a few lines to let you know that I arrived in Camp safe. We had an exam this evening only nine of them put up for it and only 2 passed. We are not supposed to write to anyone without letting the head officer read them. This letter is a sly one on the quiet. Tell Win I will write to her when I get a chance. We will have to put up for another exam shortly after that I don’t know where I will be there is nothing doing down here at present. We are having the evening off this evening. No one knows how long we are here for one officer said till the end of the War. That will be great I don’t think! I hope you are all well as I am at present. Please excuse the writing as I am writing it on the grass in my spare time. I will write again shortly. No news at present address my letters to 14th Regimental Signallers. Well I think I will close now, as I know nothing at present. With best love to yourself and family I remain yours ever,
George XXX 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mother is descendant from two First Fleet convicts Anthony and Elizabeth Rope, and her Rope cousins served in numerous wars. Here is a headstone for Rupert Rope which stands in a small cemetery in the middle of NSW with about 15 other headstones. You have to pass through private grazing pasture to reach them.
Some of my mother's country cousins died in WW1 and nobody from Australia has been to France to visit their cemeteries to my knowledge. Here is one such relative: Hamen Charles Honeysett married Clara Hasler in November 1914 just before he departed for the War. Sadly, Clara died in 1915 during childbirth while Hamen was still overseas on duty and unable to return. Hamen died in service Feb 1917.
Record:
Rank: Private Unit: 45th Battalion Australian Infantry
Service: Army Conflict: 1914-1918
Birth Place: Tallawang NSW Schooling: Two Mile Flat Public School
Date of Death: 24/02/1917 aged 25 years Place of Death: not recorded 
Cause of Death: died of wounds
Memorial Panel: 139 Cemetery: FRANCE 177 Dernancourt Communal Cemetery Extension
Next Of Kin: Mrs. J. Honeysett (mother) Place Of Enlistment: Mebul, NSW
Native Place: “Hillview” a family property at Mebul
My dad's cousin, “Lewis” Richard Wynn born in Raymond Terrace NSW d: 28.7.1943 Malaya - he never married. His occupation prior to going to WW2 was newsagent at Bondi Beach, Sydney. He has his name listed on the Bondi WW2 Roll of Honour. Lewis died as prisoner of war working on the Burma Railway. He was captured and imprisoned after returning to try to fix a broken truck so others could escape. He died of cholera and malaria aged 28. He died while being marched to Takanoon Thailand by the Japanese and is buried at Kanburi War Cemetery Plot 1 Row G grave 26 in Thailand.

tnvol19: @SirThomasWynne Tommy, this was a beautifully written bit of family history & service. So poignant! Thank you for posting & sharing. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment