Sunday, December 1, 2013

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.921

MANCHESTER BOUND
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: I'm on the train to Manchester. My least favourite thing to do on a Sunday evening
JessGay1995
JessGay1995: @Charliecondou im on a train to Melbourne, and it's early Monday morning #worse
gordmcfee
gordmcfee: @Charliecondou But your fans are glad you do it!
twinsdad72
twinsdad72: @Charliecondou at least your heading to a better part of the country ;-/
pauLyearley
pauLyearley: @Charliecondou won't be doing it for much longer
Ruben_Gould
Ruben_Gould: @Charliecondou Not for to much longer though - you will be missed
Carole0211
Carole0211: @Charliecondou Never mind it could be worse....you could be watching X Factor!
BantamCal
BantamCal: @Charliecondou not for much longer mate x
drwormau
drwormau: @Charliecondou not for much longer.
karenwrenshall
karenwrenshall: @Charliecondou but we are looking forward to seeing your lovely face on tues
alicearnold1
alicearnold1: @Charliecondou I’m going in the other direction..I’ll wave when we pass x
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @alicearnold1 I'm staring out of the window waiting
OwenJones84
OwenJones84: @Charliecondou Give it a snog for me
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @OwenJones84 was that text from an email address from you??

andihack: @Charliecondou We are on same train, same carriage. Got m&s mince pies if you fancy one??!!
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @andihack haha thanks for the offer but I hate mince pies
AndyvandenHurk
AndyvandenHurk: @Charliecondou I always run on a train. Makes me the fastest man on Earth. Or stand on my head and pretend I'm in Oz.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @AndyvandenHurk I'm totally doing both of those now

PET HATES
lizzieroper: GORGEOUS!!! RT @Corianne_B: @lizzieroper These are my pets, my cat Tom and my dog Jazz  :)  pic.twitter.com/XRu7BcCHiG

Charliecondou: @lizzieroper you keep retweeting photos of other people's pets and I'm totally following you
Charliecondou: @lizzieroper unfollowing I meant obv
lizzieroper
lizzieroper: @Charliecondou NOOOOO. Im gorgeous!

Charliecondou: @lizzieroper well yes, YOU are. But I don't even like my own pets let alone half of twitters

Charliecondou: @lizzieroper (by pets, I mean kids obviously)
lizzieroper
lizzieroper: @Charliecondou ok, come back tomorrow i will have calmed down. we must hook up one weekend when your manchester bound. xxx

Charliecondou: @lizzieroper defernaterlee x

PEOPLE'S PERCEPTIONS
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: The most damaging thing about HIV today is what people without HIV think about it @THTorguk #stigma #WorldAIDSDay
AniaSowinski: Well said "@Charliecondou:The most damaging thing about HIV today is what people without HIV think about it @THTorguk #stigma #WorldAIDSDay”
Charliecondou: @AniaSowinski @THTorguk Ta love x
emmalourocks
emmalourocks: @Charliecondou so true. X  sad to hear you are leaving corrie. I cried when I heard.
THTfairies
THTfairies: @Charliecondou Thanks for your support today Charlie! X

SMALL WORLD

Iankershaw: @OwenJones84 finally caught up with your RTS lecture before it fell off the I-player, congratulations! So much to think on - brilliant! x

OwenJones84: @Iankershaw So chuffed you like it! How's things? Hope to see you soon! x

Charliecondou: @OwenJones84 @Iankershaw I didn't know you two knew each other! Small world innit?

Iankershaw: @Charliecondou @OwenJones84 it's small but I wouldn't want to paint it

Shmouise: @Charliecondou @OwenJones84 @Iankershaw Charlie, you know everyone. You are like Kevin Bacon, without the lucrative & annoying ad campaign.

Charliecondou: @Shmouise @OwenJones84 @Iankershaw give it time Lou, give it time

Charlie Condou quits Coronation Street in 'explosive exit'
Charlie Condou quits the ITV soap after his character embarks on gay affair behind girlfriend’s back.
Coronation Street actor Charlie Condou has announced on Twitter that he is quitting the northern-based soap. In final plotline, Condou, who plays Marcus Dent, who will embark on gay affair behind girlfriend’s Maria’s back. He wrote: "So this is what I'm doing. Or rather, not doing for much longer.” He continued and joked that he might try stand-up comedy. "I just want to try my hand at stand up. I'm sure you'd agree I'd be amazing.” He will leave next summer following an explosive storyline involving the character of Todd Grimshaw who just recently returned to the soap. Reports confirm that Todd will carry out a gay affair with Marcus. Condou said: "I've had a fantastic time at Corrie but feel it's time for me to move on. I was only meant to return for three months and ended up staying for three years! "The producers have been really supportive and are leaving the door open for Marcus which is great, and my exit will certainly be explosive." Meanwhile, Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn added: "I will be incredibly sad to see Charlie go and wish him well for what I know will be an exciting future.”

CORRIE DEPARTURE STILL GETTING NEWSPAPER COVERAGE A WEEK AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT
marcsamps
marcsamps: @SirThomasWynn Charlie Condou has decided to leave Corrie after Playing midwife Marcus .Today's (30/11/13) newspaper. 
Transcription:
KISS OFF........Marcus
CORRIE TO SEE HIM GO
I am very sorry to see Charlie Condou leave Coronation Street. As midwife Marcus Dent he has been rather confused as a gay man who then fell head over feet in love with a girl. So how will he walk away from Weatherfield? Well, I think we can all start pointing the finger at Todd, Eileen's blue-eyed boy has returned to create havoc...

Coronation Street's Charlie Condou quits soap for second time
By Natasha Rigler
Coronation Street star Charlie Condou has revealed that he is leaving the soap.
This will be the second time the actor has quit Corrie, as he left in 2007 before returning for an agreed three months in 2010. However, his three month comeback ended up being a three-year stint! According to The Sun, Corrie bosses have left the door open for Charlie - who plays Marcus Dent - meaning he can again return if he wants to. Speaking to the newspaper, 40-year-old Charlie said: "I've had a fantastic time at Corrie but feel it's time to move on. "The producers have been really supportive and are leaving the door open for Marcus, which is great, and my exit will certainly be explosive." Charlie's character Marcus will be involved in a bitter tug-of-love and his last scenes will air next year. 

Charlie Condou quits Coronation Street
● TV By Sunday World
Charlie Condou has quit 'Coronation Street'.
The 40-year-old actor, who plays Marcus Dent, will leave the long-running ITV soap for a second time next summer following a three-year stint but producers will leave the door open for him to return. Charlie - who first played Marcus between 2007 and 2008 and returned to the Manchester-based show in 2011 - told The Sun newspaper: "I've had a fantastic time at 'Corrie' but feel it's time to move on. I was only meant to return for three months and ended up staying for three years. "The producers have been really supportive and are leaving the door open for Marcus, which is great, and my exit will certainly be explosive." Series Producer Stuart Blackburn added: "I will be incredibly sad to see Charlie go and we wish well for what I know will be an exciting future." Charlie's character will find himself embroiled in a bitter love battle in his final storyline before leaving screens next year. Marcus is currently in a relationship with Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie) - whom he developed feelings for last year, despite previously identifying himself as gay - but their romance will come under threat when Todd Grimshaw, played by Bruno Langley, sets his sights on him. Soap bosses promise Marcus and Todd's illicit involvement will "divide" the residents of Weatherfield in the lead-up to Marcus' exit.

RELOCATED CORRIE SET 
NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Coronation Street has been filmed on the same cobbled set for more than 30 years, but this past week the cast and creator of Britain's longest-running soap unveiled a new home on a 7.7-acre site in Manchester's Media City. 
Press play to see some of the cast cut the opening ribbon:
Filming on the new set won't commence until January 2014:

See the set construction in time-lapse photography and hear about some of the changes made to accommodate the quayside relocation:

No comments:

Post a Comment