Sunday, November 18, 2012

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.536

A FEW FABULOUS REASONS TO
SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE!
PRESS PLAY:

Fears for I'm a Celeb's Flanagan
Sunday 18 November 2012
After another creepy crawly ordeal for former Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, more questions about her suitability for the show have been raised by her family, former co-stars and fellow contestants. Flanagan, who suffers from panic attacks, decided that running on a giant hamster wheel infested with insects was not for her and shouted: "I really don't want to do this, please let me out, I'm freaking out. I'm really sorry, I want to get out now. It's really panicking me and I'm really, really sorry. I don't want to let anyone down, it's just really freaking me out. "The whole thing is completely freaking me out because it's my fifth trial. I know it's only meal worms, it's really working me up and I don't want to put myself through it and get absolutely terrified. Honestly, I'm really scared."

Fellow contestant Eric Bristow said: "I don't know why you're in here if you don't like insects and bugs and animals and things like that and you come into a jungle. What did you think you were going to do in here, drink milkshakes?"

On Saturday's episode, Flanagan won a night in the show's pub, the Jungle Arms, after an acting performance, but questions about her suitability for the show have also been raised by her family and former co-stars. Flanagan's mother Julia told The Sunday Mirror: "I was really worried about her going in there because it's not the nicest of environments at all. I tried to persuade her not to go, even the week before I said, 'Helen, you don't have to do this you know!' It's starting to feel like the voting public are pushing her too far."

Writing on Twitter, Kym Lomas, who plays Coronation Street's Michelle Connor, said: "I love Helen but I think we need to see someone else do a trial now. I want to see the trials being done anyway Don't you? It's best bit! X

"It's a bit unfair however for people to keep voting for Helen to do the trials, when we know what will happen, and then bitch about it?? X

As Someone who knows her Maybe im a celeb is not the best show for hels to be in [sic]."

Co-star Charlie Condou tweeted: "When we heard Helen was going into the jungle at work, we all knew she wouldn't be able to do any trials. But she really doesn't have a bad bone in her body. Besides, as anyone who has suffered from panic attacks will know, there is nothing worse than irrational terror."

CHIPPER STRIPPER 
JAMES INGHAM
JAMESINREHAB: After 1 night only as a @DREAMIDOLS1 stripper I'm now cosy on the couch with bacon butties & #xfactor catch-up! #yingyang
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JAMESINREHAB how was the stripping? I hope you fluffed
JAMES INGHAM
JAMESINREHAB: @Charliecondou is it bad I had to ask what fluffed was? I thought u meant waxed! Was shitting myself but the @DREAMIDOLS1 took care of me.

ART 'EXPOSING' LIFE
Tom not in Oz
AWOLTom: This is one of my dear friends licking her pussy :-)x
ZX159
ZX159: @AWOLTom … charming yet utterly perverse in as much as it is utterly contrived … art ‘exposing’ life, n’est pas?
Tom not in Oz
AWOLTom: @ZX159 glad you can see it for it's beguiling artistic merits x

CHARLIE CONDOU & SAMIA GHADIE
CORONATION STREET GALLERY
SEP-NOV 2012

Press play to see a small excerpt from Corrie. 
Marcus and Maria go on a date to the bistro

ART IMITATES LIFE
Coronation Street star Charlie Condou says he's had 'positive' feedback about his “Maria & Marcus” Corrie romance. The actor's character on the ITV1 soap, midwife Marcus Dent, has fallen for Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie) despite being gay. Charlie said that the plot isn't that far-fetched, having been in a similar situation himself. "Some people say the gay community are going to be up in arms about the story, but it happens. There are some people who fall in love with a person, rather than a person's gender." The actor, who has a daughter with writer boyfriend Cameron Laux, has known that he was gay since his teens, but admitted that he had a five-month relationship with a woman when he was in his 20s. "I had relationships with girls when I was a teenager, probably because I was struggling with my sexuality and not comfortable enough to come out," he recalled. "When I was around 25, I had a longer relationship with a woman. We had a good sex life and I definitely fancied her. The relationship just didn't feel right and that's how I knew that I was definitely gay. It's not uncommon and I've come across it many times." 

EDITORIAL
BY TOM IN OZ

I would like to mention that I know 2 men here in Newcastle NSW Australia that have a “normal” family with wives and children, with both sets of husbands being gay. They don’t pursue relationships with men they just love the women they are with but both admit freely they cherish their “normal” family life more than a “gay” life. Both sets of wives know their husbands are gay and the level of trust is no different to that of any other married couple. Both marriages have lasted well past 30 years. The children seem happy and well-adjusted like any other children.

Being a school teacher for more than 35 years means I have seen many different combinations of families. I once taught 4 children from a family where the father, who was a Royal Airforce Officer, decided after long-term counselling and family support, he would become a female. He was extremely satisfied sexually with his wife but always felt like he was in the wrong body. I taught 4 of their 7 children, so having 2 mothers wasn't a bad thing, long term! 

Families are what you make for yourself and each is unique. In years past, what we consider a family today, would have been considered radical. 

I believe Corrie has already successfully covered sex changes and now it’s moved the boundaries to challenge people’s thinking and understanding yet again.

RTS AWARDS
RTS North West
RTSNorthWest: Congratulations Coronation Street - Best Continuing Drama #RTSNW2012
Rachel Newton
RachelCorrie: Congrats to everyone at Corrie for last nights RTS Awards win hope there aren't too many sore heads this morning #RTSNW
RTS North West
RTSNorthWest: Corrie producers old and new collect the award for Best Continuing Drama #RTSNW

GUILTY PLEASURE
Julie-Ann Pleb
BienSoeur: Oh wow! Who remembers "A Sense of Guilt"? which featured a teenage (+rather dishy) @Charliecondou http://youtu.be/rg-JG710gV4 @Confidential_CC xx 
Blog4CharlieCondou
Confidential_CC: @BienSoeur Yep one of the videos lodged on the CCC blog. It's the 4th one down on right hand side @Charliecondou

No comments:

Post a Comment