Tuesday, December 24, 2013

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.944

PROPOSED PARTY VENUE
skipnewton: @Charliecondou I've been looking at venues for your leaving party, found a place big enough in now a quite street 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @skipnewton that looks perfect. And I promise, if someone drops out, I'll invite you

 

TOM'S XMASLICE

Who can resist white chocolate sprinkled with crushed candy?
This delicious, easy recipe makes a wonderful holiday gift.
A kid could help make it with parental supervision, the recipe is almost man proof!
I used to help my mum make something like this when I was a kid but my version is not very fiddly and has only a few steps!


INGREDIENTS:

20 ounces (about 4 cups) white cooking chocolate, chopped, or white chocolate chips
8 smashed candy canes
1 pack of planters mini pretzels

METHOD:

1 Place the candy canes in a large ziploc bag and seal tightly. Use a rolling pin to roll/smash the candy canes until they are the size you desire. If you have other hard boiled sweets these are also acceptable when making this treat at other times of the year.

2. Prepare a small slice tray or pizza tray by covering it with smooth aluminum foil or greaseproof paper.

3. Smash pretzels [or blend] and make crumb sized pieces. You don't need to bind the crumbs. Press filmy into base of tray. Keep the crust thin. 

4. Melt choc slowly in a non-stick saucepan or microwave bowl. Don't let choc boil or bubble..

5. Pour melted choc over crushed pretzel base.

6. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over choc.

7. Refrigerate until mixture sets.

8. Cut into small pieces and serve. I use a pizza cutter to make the job easier.



My family and I wish you a Merry Christmas and hope Santa brings you something that was on your list.
PS. If you didn't receive the lovely card above it's because my Twitter account was suspended for sending them out. Ho Ho Bah Humbug, Twitter!

michaelbosc: @Tom_in_Oz_ Well my friend another year nearly over lets hope 2014 is kinder to us than this year love to you & the family Merry Crimbo xx
KnaveoG: @SirThomasWynne Around now it's time for you to enjoy White Wine In The Sun Have a good one.
randlight: @Tom_in_Oz_ Thank you my lovely twitter friend. You have a lovely Xmas except U will miss Lucy. May 2014 give U a lovely new grandchild + your son get a job
randlight: @Tom_in_Oz_ BTW I think your recipe is going around the internet bigtime at the moment...
Tom_in_Oz_: @randlight okeydokey - nice to know I'm feeding the masses. My next recipe will contain fish and loaves xxxx
randlight: @Tom_in_Oz_ good on youxxx
mrblew2: @Confidential_CC hi have a lovely Christmas x
MarkMMerrett: @ChasCondouBlog ty my lovely happy xmas
MargoJMilne: @ChasCondouBlog Have a lovely Christmas, Tom! xx
tnvol19: @ChasCondouBlog Happy Xmas to you & your family, Tommy, with loads of love & joy!
angloirishgal: @SirThomasWynne Bit of a bummer Tom having your Twitter account suspended for sending out cards. Happy Xmas! xx
AngryEyes13: Happy Holidays #shoutout @SirThomasWynne
Janhatesmarmite: @Confidential_CC Merry Christmas Tom, hope you and yours have a nice time and a happy new year x

ToddJSaporito: @ChasCondouBlog merry Xmas

b3n_ifit: @ChasCondouFans happy holidays to you and yours tom!

LUCY
RIP LUCY
Tragically taken 24-12-2013.
Our grand-dog
&
beloved pet of our granddaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment