Tuesday, January 29, 2013

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.608

FAMILY DEBATE TODAY
"THE TRADITIONAL FAMILY HAS HAD ITS DAY"
Blog4CharlieCondou
Confidential_CC: @Charliecondou I can't watch the Family Debate live on YouTube as you need a Google plus account! Hope it goes well. Break legs etc
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @Confidential_CC thanks very much x
Blog4CharlieCondou
Confidential_CC: @Charliecondou love debates lots of fun x luck also to @Philippa_Perry
Press play for debate details: 

Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: One Mum. One Dad. Two Kids. That’s Family...right? Join the debate! Tues 29 Dec, 1900 GMT http://t.co/rhgIfyBf #VsFamily @intelligence2
IamWhippet
IamWhippet: @Charliecondou @intelligence2 my son has a dad, dads wife, me and my gf.
Happiest little boy ever :)
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @IamWhippet @intelligence2 Lucky lad
HisCousin
HisCousin: @Charliecondou This is in Dorset, we want to complain to the Nat press.. Do you have a contact??
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @HisCousin I wish I did

INSPIRING
dominictc
‏dominictc: @Charliecondou Thanks for the follow! Always found you inspiring.
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @dominictc wow, thank you. I hear your name a lot. I think we have lots of mutual friends x
dominictc
dominictc: @Charliecondou I'm sure we will finally meet one day! x

GRILLED BY BACON! 

NatalieGumede
NatalieGumede: En route to @Charliecondou's mate @richardpbacon's #radio5live afternoon show. Tune in!
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @NatalieGumede @richardpbacon hahaha

WORK DEMANDS
Alex Steventon
alexpvfc1: @Charliecondou Hi mate. You working on Friday?
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @alexpvfc1 nope, Thursday

HUGE
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: I am currently obsessed with this song by @lily_juniper https://t.co/n1JKOUNi She's going to be huge

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPPY CAKES
Clare Balding
clarebalding: I woke up very early all excited because IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! I’ve already had party poppers and cake. I may have peaked too soon #exhausted
Alexandra Heminsley
Hemmo: @clarebalding HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Charlie Condou
Charliecondou: @Hemmo @clarebalding I read that as "poppers and cake" which would not be my choice of a birthday brekkie. Happy Birthday!!!!!

DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS? 
MR CONDOU HAS BEEN HIRED BY A TOP FASHION HOUSE AND WILL BE APPEARING IN MAGAZINES SOON!

CORONATION STREET:
CHARLIE CONDOU - SOME PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED BY MARCUS AND MARIA'S RELATIONSHIP

The actor also discusses the likelihood of his following co-star Samia Ghadie out onto the Dancing on Ice rink

David Brown 29 January 2013

Actor Charlie Condou has been talking about the public’s reaction to the Coronation Street storyline that has seen his character Marcus Dent becoming involved romantically with Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie): “It’s been overwhelmingly positive, everyone seems to really like Marcus and Maria, so people seem to be behind them. I think some people are a bit confused by the relationship at times, but not nearly as confused by it as Marcus and Maria are.”

 Last year, contentious debate was sparked after nurse Marcus, who had previously been in a gay relationship with Sean Tully (Antony Cotton), fell for best friend Maria. But Condou reveals that he enjoys the fact that the soap has provoked discussion about sexual preferences: “I think that’s the kind of stuff that Coronation Street does really well and I think it’s really good that it gets people talking and discussing all these things. People’s sexuality is sometimes confusing but I think it’s good that the writers are dealing with it in a really honest and respectful way.” Next week, viewers will see Marcus trying to convince Maria that his future lies with her after a night out on Canal Street backfires. But has Marcus’s trip down raised doubts? “At first, Marcus doesn't notice how uncomfortable Maria is. She doesn't cope too well, particularly because the barman seems to be flirting with Marcus. But I don’t think Marcus misses that life so much. I think he realises how much his life has changed, but he’s all right with that. In a lot of ways, Marcus feels like it’s time to grow up. He’s never been one for going out clubbing and actually, in a weird way, it makes him realise how much he does love Maria. He doesn't want to be out in gay bars getting drunk any more ” And does this realisation mean that the next step will be to have a baby with Maria? “I think he’d love to, but obviously it’s early days for them and I don’t think he’d want to jump into anything. He’s far too sensible for that.”
Off-screen, Condou has been offering his full support to Ghadie as she competes on Dancing on Ice – so has he been impressed by what he’s seen? “She’s amazing. I went to watch her in week one – I had my Team Samia T-shirt on and sat in the front room cheering her on.
She was brilliant. She’d bored me in the run up with hundreds of videos on her phone of her doing different turns or skating backwards. So I saw what she was like when she started this and I can see where she is now and she’s amazing. I hope she goes really far.” And has what he seen inspired him to give the Dancing on Ice competition a go himself? “I think I would! Samia’s been teasing me about it for ages, saying that she thinks I should do it next year. I was thinking, ‘not a chance’, but when I went to watch it live, I started to think I’d really enjoy this. So you never know – watch this space. I think, out of all those sort of shows, it’s the one I’d want to do the most.”

Original article HERE

IF YOU MISSED IT? 
HERE'S DONNY AND MARIE OSMOND AT THE NTA's ANNOUNCING BEST SERIAL DRAMA: CORONATION STREET.
CHARLIE CONDOU AND CAST WIN THE AWARD FOR THEIR SECOND YEAR IN A ROW.

No comments:

Post a Comment