Wednesday, November 28, 2012

CHARLIE CONDOU - No.546

MORE NEWS ABOUT TOM'S FAMILY 

Eight-year-old saves man's life
Nov 28 2012 by Sandy Kilpatrick
A brave primary school pupil was hailed a hero after saving a man’s life.

Eight-year-old Sean McCallie was playing in the park near Osborne Drive, Lochside, on Saturday afternoon when he spotted a man outside a nearby house. As Sean watched, the man stepped forward and collapsed, smashing a fence as he fell. The quick-thinking Loreburn Primary pupil knew he needed to get help. Recalling what he had been taught during police visits to the school, Sean, who lives at Akers Avenue, Locharbriggs, ran to the man’s side, assessed he was having difficulty breathing and rushed off to call his father and uncle. All three ran back to the scene, asking a passer-by to call for an ambulance when they got there. Paramedics later praised the youngster saying the man, who was suffering from pneumonia, could have died if the alarm had not been raised so quickly.
Sean told the Standard: “I was running up and down the big hill. I saw the man walk about three steps. He was in front of a house, then he just collapsed. I was a bit scared. I had this feeling down my spine. I was terrified. “I ran over and stood beside him for a couple of minutes. He couldn’t speak, he was out of air. He’d broken a fence when he’d fallen. “I ran back and got my dad and uncle. They followed me to the man and asked a lady to call 999. “When the ambulance crew got there they told me ‘well done’ for getting help and that the man had collapsed a couple of times before.
“They gave him a few jabs to get him breathing. The paramedic said he had pneumonia and it was so cold he would have died if I hadn’t found him. No one saw him fall except me, I was the only one there. I’d like to meet him again to see he’s okay.” Mum, Fiona added: “I’m really proud of him; I keep telling him how proud I am. In my eyes he’s a wee hero!” A DGRI spokesman said: “We can confirm a patient was admitted to hospital following a collapse and was subsequently discharged.”
Sam McNeish, of the Scottish Ambulance Service, said: “Sean obviously did the right thing. For a youngster that age to do all this it’s fantastic.”
Dear blog readers, Sean is my wife’s cousin and we last visited him and his family in 2010 when my wife and I were on a working tour of the UK. Sean asked us at the time to hurry back for visits. He is worth bottling.
Brendan
Brendan_Surrey: @Confidential_CC What a guy! Hearts of Gold award awaits
michael seymour
mike_magoo: @Confidential_CC What a quick-thinking lad - brilliant!!
Mark.M
MarkMMerrett: @Confidential_CC nice one
Nannette
NoNoNannette30: @SirThomasWynne What a great kid! He is my hero too! Going to be a great young man!
Wolfie Rankin
Wolfie_Rankin: @SirThomasWynne Kid is a hero alright, no doubt about it :)
Jan
Janhatesmarmite: @Confidential_CC Wow, bless his little heart, well done him, you must all be very proud. xx
patricia Ledwith
demelza2: @Confidential_CC excellent !!
Sue Robinson
wilbunny: @Confidential_CC What a heart warming story! Bless him, he did very well. He's going to have a good Christmas! :))
AbandonedBear
AbandonedBear: @SirThomasWynne bless his heart, round here they would have called an ambulance but lifted his wallet first!!! ;0)
Fox Mullder
Fox_Mullder: @SirThomasWynne oh wow
☛ Chris ☚
BlackpoolNorth: @AWOLTom Great! You must be proud of him!! The family must be proud of him!!!
Maggie B
TaTUM_Maggie: Amazing story of a "wee hero" RT @ChasCondouFans: THIS IS MY HERO COUSIN - Tom http://po.st/bDSdqq 
MargMolly
MargMolly: @confidential_cc @foxylorri64 Wow your cousin sure is fab!! x
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Lorraine
FoxyLorri64: @Confidential_CC @MargMolly A total Hero!!!! :) xx
Liz (10) (^_^)
Lionesskeeper: @SirThomasWynne Wow, that's pretty cool Tom :)

Dear blog readers and twitter followers, 
Sean's mum Fiona, has sent you a reply via email.
Hiya Tom, I cant say how proud I am of Sean.
They are such lovely comments.
Thank you x

SNUBBED
Natalie Coyle
CoyleNatalie: @AttitudeMag So excited about singing at the Attitude Christmas Readers Party :) Check out their website for details: http://www.attitude.co.uk
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @CoyleNatalie @AttitudeMag there's a Christmas party???
plonkymiff
plonkymiff: @Charliecondou @coylenatalie @attitudemag and Man of the year is not invited! AWKWARD! :)
AttitudeMag
AttitudeMag: @Charliecondou @coylenatalie it's more a Xmas reader event @TheConranShop More than welcome Charlie! http://t.co/ocJgAteq
semadivad
semadivad: @Charliecondou @coylenatalie @attitudemag I want in! Charlie, we can duet? Can I be the fat one from X Factor who didn't know Nat Umbruglia?
Natalie Coyle
CoyleNatalie: @Charliecondou @attitudemag Charlie definitely come you can be my date he he :) #Christmas

BUGGY HEAVEN AND MALL RATS
lilyrosecooper
lilyrosecooper: I'm actually excited about @kiddicare opening at lakeside. #thuglife. PS, not being paid for this tweet, In free shit or otherwise.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @lilyrosecooper @kiddicare where and when are they opening??
laurenlaverne
laurenlaverne: @Charliecondou @lilyrosecooper @kiddicare Westfield is buggy heaven. So smooth under the wheels! And the play areas!
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @laurenlaverne @lilyrosecooper Exactly how much codeine have you had?
laurenlaverne
laurenlaverne: @Charliecondou @lilyrosecooper Almost enough to turn this taxi round and go there RIGHT FUCKING NOW.
laurenlaverne
laurenlaverne: @Charliecondou @lilyrosecooper Kids not with me, obvs. I'd just wheel myself around, play on the swings then go for a wagas.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @laurenlaverne @lilyrosecooper will you come to my birthday party in Jan and bring some of your painkillers? Thanks
laurenlaverne
laurenlaverne: @Charliecondou @lilyrosecooper Yes. Yes I will.
mouthwaite
mouthwaite: @Charliecondou @laurenlaverne @lilyrosecooper ahem! I promise not to shout poogate at you! X
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @mouthwaite @laurenlaverne @lilyrosecooper you're already down, with @katemagowan and @stacks3stripe in bikinis
mouthwaite
mouthwaite: @Charliecondou @laurenlaverne @lilyrosecooper @katemagowan @stacks3stripe perfect! I better get to the gym... Quick!
kiddicare
kiddicare: @charliecondou Hi Charlie, all will be revealed tomorrow... :)

BILL TARMEY’S FUNERAL
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @LucyJo_Hudson how was it? I couldn't get up there
LucyJo_Hudson
LucyJo_Hudson: @Charliecondou so emotional but a beautiful service Charlie. Amazing turn out too, he was truly loved x
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @LucyJo_Hudson he really was. Is Al ok?
LucyJo_Hudson
LucyJo_Hudson: @Charliecondou he's coping, but he was a mess yesterday bless him! He's still at work x
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @LucyJo_Hudson I know he's full on. I feel for him
LucyJo_Hudson
LucyJo_Hudson: @Charliecondou me too, no rest for the wicked as they say xxx

THE ART OF NAME DROPPING
JamieTheakston
JamieTheakston: Guess who's coming for breakfast tomorrow ... Dustin Hoffman !! Listen to Heart Breakfast from 6am @HeartLondon #myhero
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JamieTheakston I babysat for Dustin Hoffman once.
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @JamieTheakston (I mean his kids obviously)
shebahronay
shebahronay: @Charliecondou @jamietheakston only you Charlie! X
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @shebahronay @jamietheakston I introduced him to Sting (that's actually true)
JamieTheakston
JamieTheakston: @shebahronay @Charliecondou that's my first question sorted ..
shebahronay
shebahronay: @JamieTheakston @charliecondou yeah - test him. See if HE remembers it the same way *adjusts bosom*
shebahronay
shebahronay: @Charliecondou @jamietheakston how do you make name dropping seen so fine?
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @shebahronay @JamieTheakston I was 15. So 12 years ago etc etc
shebahronay
shebahronay: @Charliecondou @jamietheakston ;-)
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @shebahronay @jamietheakston it's a trick Idi Amin taught me


Above: Charlie Condou taking a break at Port Adriano 13th Nov 2012.
WARWICK UPTON PHOTOGRAPHY

SO SO GAY - THEY FORGOT
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: More on the Marcus/Maria debate http://t.co/NPQ7M65v #corrie
SoSoGay
SoSoGay: Hey @charliecondou - we’ve got an opinion piece up today on Marcus & Maria’s relationship! http://t.co/GK38A8BZ
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @SoSoGay already tweeted it! x 
SoSoGay
SoSoGay: @Charliecondou just spotted that! Thanks :)
martynharris2
martynharris2: @Charliecondou I'm enjoying M/M storyline. I experimented with both sexes before Identifying as gay (about 35 yrs ago!) Where will it go?
roline_mcfc
roline_mcfc: A male cover of Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" came on at work today and I imagined #Corrie's Marcus singing it. #soapaddict @Charliecondou
ryantruman4
ryantruman4: @Charliecondou it happens alot . especially straight to gay.. so there shouldnt be any taboo about it at all :) good storyline :)

MISSED AGAIN
richard bacon
richardpbacon: The exhibition 'Some People' by Jonathan Yeo at Eleven Gallery is an absolute triumph. You can see some of it here: http://t.co/whQ7KMAk
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @richardpbacon Oh bugger, that was last night wasnt it? Im fluey, send apologies to Jonny @shebahronay
shebahronay
shebahronay: @Charliecondou @richardpbacon We missed you. But @pierrecondou made a good second ;-)
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT @richardpbacon: The exhibition 'Some People' by Jonathan Yeo at Eleven Gallery is an absolute triumph. You can see some of it here:  http://t.co/whQ7KMAk

FILMING SCHEDULE - LIKE A TRAIN SCHEDULE ONLY LESS RELIABLE
jaywalks_
jaywalks_: @Charliecondou alright charlie!will you be in London the 20th of December:)?im popping down
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @jaywalks_ dont know yet mate, depends on my filming schedule x
jaywalks_
jaywalks_: @Charliecondou alright mate, ill tweet you nearer the time x

TOAST AND MARMALADE WITH TEA
lane_paula
lane_paula: Morning!! Cup of tea please @SirTomShaw when your ready! Xx
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @lane_paula @SirTomShaw I'm in bed waiting for mine too (from Cam, not Tom obviously)
lane_paula
lane_paula: @Charliecondou @sirtomshaw I know!! Service is slow this morning but I've just heard the click of the kettle!:-)
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @lane_paula @sirtomshaw I'm hoping for a bit of toast too. It's not too much to ask
SirTomShaw
SirTomShaw: @Charliecondou @lane_paula Jesus! These actors making outrageous demands!
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @SirTomShaw @lane_paula Tom I really dont think you have time to tweet. Paula's waiting patiently for her breakfast

THE DEAD DONKEY IS SET TO MAKE A FULL RECOVERY
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: RT @boatybish1: I know its the sun but Surely this is NOT news!!? FRONT PAGE!!!! 
msloobylou
msloobylou: @boatybish1 @Charliecondou this is what happens in a world without phone hacking. 
Charliecondou
Charliecondou: @msloobylou @boatybish1 so true

No comments:

Post a Comment